1. How many times have you done NaNoWriMo?
This is just my second year.
2. How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo?
I’d seen it everywhere, on the internet and even on tv. Decided to check it out.
3. What was the name of the first novel you attempted with NaNo?
Naturally Luna. My first NanoWriMo and my first (and only so far) werewolf novel. I didn’t finish it during November, but I had made it over halfway. I just got too busy and lack of inspiration for that book.
4. Give us a 1 sentence summary of what you’re writing this year.
Vampire meets girl, changes girl to save her and she doesn’t deal with it well.
5. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
Just keep writing!
6. Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Why?
Nope, too early for me to do that yet.
7. What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write?
I don’t really have a big inspiration because my ideas tend to come out of nowhere. I guess you could say life or my crazy random brain.
8. Read us the first sentence from one of your novels.
The first paragraph from the upcoming To Paint A Vampire (this year’s NaNoWriMo project):
The two-story ten-bedroom mansion was gorgeous, two big bay windows on either side of the dark wood front door. Light grey stone created the huge structure with a small awning to protect the owners cherry Mustang. Sadly the vast green lawn was missing a bit of color to soften the harsh look of the yard. It was just a big green slab with nothing to break it up.
9. Why do you love writing?
I don’t know if I love writing as much as I have the need to write. I have to write to clear my head or I think it will explode. I do love to write because it is cathartic and I get to share my stories, but it is also a necessity for me.
If you’re also doing NaNoWriMo this year I’d love to read your answers to these questions! Let me know what you’re writing this yea!